OUR RESEARCH CONSULTATIVE COMMITTEE
- A/Prof Viive Howell, Kolling Institute of Medical Research, NSW
- Dr Stephen Mattarollo, University of Queensland
- Dr Susan Woods, SAHMRI, South Australia
- Dr Paul Beavis, Peter MacCallum Cancer Centre
The Research Advisory Panel is made up of eminent early to mid-career scientists who have previously been funded by Cure Cancer Australia or who are in their final years of funding and are ineligible to apply for future grants.
Chosen members must have clear understanding of the vision, mission and operation of Cure Cancer Australia and must understand key issues and challenges that the organisation is facing.
- To provide information and feedback on current regulations and the processes that govern the cancer research and research sector. Not limited to Cancer Australia, NHMRC, other charity organisations etc.
- To provide the Research Program Manager (RPM) with any comments, concerns, issues facing ECRs as they relate to the mission of CCAF.
- To provide information and feedback on current and proposed CCAF research processes and documents.
- To meet at least every 6 months either face-to-face at the CCAF offices or to dial into a teleconference.
- To become involved in CCAF research projects and events e.g. take laboratory tours for key donors and fundraisers.
- To be advisors to the RPM on an ad hoc fashion.
- To promote and advocate for CCAF in the media and at research functions and events, where no conflict of interest may arise.
- To assist and foster a stronger network of CCAF Alumni through facilitation with RPM.
- Committee members can act as mentors for new grant recipients.
- To coordinate and run the Researcher Symposium and review associated documents and abstracts.
- Review any program based materials or relevant documentation as the RPM of Cure Cancer requires